In order to ensure responsible investment behavior, environmental, social and governance standards (ESG) have been developed as part of Sobera Capital’s strategy. It is about more than just complying with laws and rules. The aim of these standards is to ensure that Sobera Capital makes a contribution to promoting a sustainable future for companies, society and the environment with every investment. In order to monitor the effectiveness of this set of tools for responsible investing in each individual case, a process to check compliance with ESG criteria was implemented both in the investment process and during the management of the portfolio companies.
Sobera is particularly committed to adhering to the PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) and is committed to the six PRI principles:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into the investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active shareholders and incorporate ESG issues in our investment policy and practice.
- We will require companies and entities in which we invest to make adequate disclosures about ESG issues.
- We will drive adoption and implementation of the principles in the investment industry.
- We will work together to increase our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will report on our activities and our progress in implementing the Principles.
Sobera Capital is a member of the Leaders for Climate Action initiative (lfca.earth).